Tuesday, March 18, 2014

2FACE JOINS #BlackRealvolution MOVEMENT. FEMI KUTI LENDS SUPPORT

2Face Joins #BlackRealvolution Movement
Multiple award winning artiste, 2Face Idibia, popularly known for his exploits in music has pitched his tent with the #Blackrealvolution movement. The talented artiste, who is regarded as one of Nigeria’s veritable musical exports, said the #Blackrealvolution movement represents peace, love and unity, which are values which he has strongly promoted through his award winning songs.
He said: “The #Blackrealvolution is about stirring up the spirit of consciousness and good tidings in Nigerians. The movement represents positivity, being our brother’s keeper and forming a united front against negative forces. I preach the message of love, peace and unity through many of my songs. And I have also written songs advocating for better leadership.”
The widely travelled music maestro said he’s a firm believer that Nigeria can compete with countries considered as being far developed if Nigeria’s vast potentials can be properly harnessed. The chart-topping artiste said: “I believe in perfection, I believe in excellence. #Blackrealvolution is about being innovative and distinctive in one’s endeavours. It is about being real.”
He stated that the movement would be formally launched on Friday, March 28; asking that interested Nigerians should join the #Blackrealvolution.
I can assure Nigerians that the experience would be one which they won’t forget in hurry. The memories of the #Blackrealvolution movement would linger in the memories of Nigerians for a long time to come.
Femi Kuti Lends Support To #BlackREALvolution Day
Nigeria’s king of Afro Beat and leader of the Kuti clan, Femi Anikulapo-Kuti, has thrown his weight behind the BlackREALvolution day coming up on Friday, March 28. The multiple Grammy-nominated artiste described the BlackREALvolution movement as a non-partisan, peace advocating, group of individuals, who jointly seek an end to oppression emanating from governments and organisations with suppressive tendencies.
He said: “I lend my voice to the Blackrealvolution movement. Even though I am one of Africa’s most respected and notable musicians, I have thrown my weight behind struggles which seek to support the masses and the down-trodden of the society.”
Expatiating on his support for the movement, he said: “I have always advocated non-violence and peace. Music is my only weapon and it is my medium of support for the BlackREALvolution movement. Music is a universal language capable of soothing frayed nerves. It can also be used to arouse consciousness of any kind – be it economic, social, political or cultural.”
The afro-beat maestro invited Nigerians to the first ever gathering of the BlackREALvolution movement which will hold on Friday, March 28, at the Eko Atlantic, Victoria Island Lagos.
Mr. Anikulapo-Kuti further added that the movement has made provisions for adequate security for individuals that wish to attend the epic gathering.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED BAM as a kidJuly 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM

    I LOVED BAM as a kid but they get even MORE cool points with this. I watned to see FELA and just never got around to seeing it on Broadway, we will def check this out! Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete