Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Must read: The Drummer Boy [1]

This Story is Proudly written By Emilo.. Enjoy and make sure u appreciate by commenting..Thanks

My name is emilo and i am an instrumentalist. Yes, i play the drum set and it’s pretty cool if you call me the drummer boy as that is the tag, used in referring to people that plays the drum set. i stay with my uncle who is married and has a kid.
For a while, I stopped drumming because i had to go to school and after I finished with my NYSC program, I decided to pick up my old passion also couple with the fact that I have not gotten a job yet, so I needed my skills to make ends meal. I have my own church but they don't pay instrumentalist as they believe you are offering your services to God and that only him will reward you bountifully.
Since they normally starts their major activities by 12noon, I had to looked for a church that I could play for and make money from them and for a while none seems to be forth coming. I was down casted as I need money badly.
While playing for my local church, my lead guitarist invited me to the birthday party of a pastor in a church and I went there and played. After the party they were please with me.
CM: brother we loved the way you played
Me: thank you sir.
Cm: well, I’m the choir master (CM)
Me: it’s a pleasure meeting you sir.
Cm: so which church do you play for?
Me: none at the moment except for my local church.
Cm: that's nice. So brother, we are looking for a drummer and I don't know if you will like to play for us
Me: it would be an honour sir.
Cm: that's nice. When you come on Sunday, the church administration will include you in their payroll
Me: I got so excited at the sound of money thank you sir.
Cm: please and come this Sunday. Meanwhile take this for your transport.
Me: collecting the money from him, thank you sir. I will be here on Sunday.
Cm: the service starts by 8am please be punctual.
Me: opening my teeth like somebody that had just used omo to brush* no problem sir.
Cm: ok take care.
Then he left. Immediately, I opened my hand and I saw two pieces of 1000 naira notes, I started smiling uncontrollably. Then my lead guitarist walked up to me.
LG: Omo how far, them see you
Me: Baba yes o. This church make sense ooooo
LG: shebi i tell you. So wetin them tell you nau?
Me: the man say make I come dey play for their church º°˚˚°
LG: Omo them dey pay wella for here. Them fit give you reach 20k self.
Me*feeling so happy* guy u sure?
LG: yes º°˚˚°. Also plenty babes dey the church º°˚˚°
Me: at the mention of babes, i had some jerk on my jean* me self dey suspect, you self no see the settings? Omo this church get money o
LG: yes my guy. Na here i dey make small change o, also I just dey take eyes dey shadow one babe for here.
Me: badt guy. Me na chineke boy. I no get time for that jor. We chatted for a while and then went home. Feeling so happy with myself, I couldn't wait for Sunday to come. I couldn't wait to see the full settings of the church, i couldn’t wait to see the babes my lead guitarist had told me of, i couldn't wait to know how much the church will pay me. Hmmm well I have no option but to wait till Sunday and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment